Healthy Eating, Active Living Cities Campaign: Promoting physical activity and nutrition policies in California cities.
HEAL Cities campaign aims to reduce and prevent obesity by encouraging cities to adopt policies and promote opportunities for residents in their communities.
We have recognized that obesity is a threat to the wellbeing of our families. By making social and environmental changes, we have committed to adopt the Healthy Eating, Active Living campaign to strengthen our health by providing:
- A system of trails and corridors that facilitate and encourage bicycling and walking
- Access to information, services and goods that improve their health and wellbeing.
- Continuing to develop and maintain our environmental infrastructure to ensure community prosperity.
- Promote community engagement, economic investment and quality design in our neighborhoods, parks and recreational facilities
- Promoting healthy food options in the community, including the development of community gardens and farmers markets
Implementation of outdoor fitness equipment and shade structure at Bon View Park.
Implementation of Healing Trails for walkable parks.